Terms of Service
Updated: December 22, 2017
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
3. GOVERNING LAW. These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Florida, without reference to their rules regarding conflicts of law. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts in Orange County, Florida in all disputes arising out of or related to the use of the site.
4. AGE. The site is intended only for users aged 18 or older. Individuals under the age of 18 are strictly prohibited from using the site and the accounts for any such person shall be terminated upon discovery.
5. USE OF SOFTWARE. Company may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Company, for your personal, noncommercial, home use only. Company does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Company retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Company or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
6. USER CONTENT. You grant Company a license to use the materials you post to the Site or Service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Site or Service, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet business of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
6.1 NO MEDICAL ADVICE. This Website provides general health, dietary, and weight loss information and content published over the Internet and is intended only to assist users in their personal health, dietary, and weight loss efforts. Paleootg is not a medical organization, and our staff cannot give you medical advice or diagnosis. Additionally, Paleootg is not a registered or licensed dietician or nutritionist, and our staff likewise cannot not give you personalized dietary or nutritional advice. Nothing contained in this Website should be construed as such advice or diagnosis. The information and reports generated by us should not be interpreted as a substitute for physician consultation, evaluation, or treatment. The information contained on this website, or provided at your request, is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to be medical or health care advice. While we may offer some products on this website that are classified as food, beverage, or dietary supplements products regulated by the Food and Drug Administration, we do not market or sell such products for the purposes of diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease. We do not recommend any particular form of medical treatment or that persons manage their own health problems without the advice of a licensed health care practitioner. Information found or received through this website should not be used in place of a visit with, call to, consultation or advice from a health care provider. If you suspect you have a medical problem, or should you have any health care related questions, please promptly call or see your health care practitioner. Before using any products offered on this website, carefully read all labels and heed all directions and cautions that accompany the products.
7. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
9. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Company has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. Please visit our DMCA Policy link at the bottom of the site pages to view our Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown policies and to make a claim of infringement. Company’s DMCA Policy is expressly incorporated into this Agreement by this reference.
11. NO WARRANTIES. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. COMPANY IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
12. LIMITED LIABILITY. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK OF USING THIS WEBSITE AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THIS WEBSITE. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED, THIS WEBSITE AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, UNLESS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH OTHERWISE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, PALEOOTG AND ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PALEOOTG DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THIS WEBSITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. PALEOOTG DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTEES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS ON WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
PALEOOTG AND ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE, EVEN IF PALEOOTG OR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIER HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. PROHIBITED USES. Company imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
16. COPYRIGHT. All contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © 2017 Paleootg LLC. All rights reserved.
18. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND ARBITRATION; CLASS ACTION WAIVER
Please read this carefully. It affects your rights.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to a customer’s satisfaction by contacting us at [email protected] This Dispute Resolution and Arbitration; Class Action Waiver provision (“Provision”) facilitates the prompt and efficient resolution of any disputes that may arise between you and Paleootg Parties as defined below. Arbitration is a form of private dispute resolution in which persons with a dispute waive their rights to file a lawsuit, to proceed in court and to a jury trial, and instead submit their disputes to a neutral third person (or arbitrator) for a binding decision.
Please read this Provision carefully. It provides that all Disputes between you and Paleootg Parties shall be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration replaces the right to go to court. In the absence of this arbitration agreement, you may otherwise have a right or opportunity to bring claims in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate in or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including, but not limited to, class actions). Except as otherwise provided, entering into this agreement constitutes a waiver of your right to litigate claims and all opportunity to be heard by a judge or jury. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. The arbitrator must follow this agreement and can award the same damages and relief as a court (including attorneys’ fees).
For the purpose of this Provision, “Paleootg Parties.” means Paleootg LLC and its parent, subsidiary, and any affiliate companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents. The term “Dispute” means any dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Paleootg Parties. regarding any aspect of your relationship with Paleootg Parties. whether based in contract, statute, regulation, ordinance, tort (including, but not limited to, fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent inducement, or negligence), or any other legal or equitable theory, and includes the validity, enforceability or scope of this Provision (with the exception of the enforceability of the Class Action Waiver clause below). “Dispute” is to be given the broadest possible meaning that will be enforced, and shall include any claims against other parties relating to services or products provided or billed to you (such as Paleootg Parties’ licensors, suppliers, dealers or third-party vendors) whenever you also assert claims against us in the same proceeding.
WE EACH AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BELOW, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, AS DEFINED ABOVE, WHETHER PRESENTLY IN EXISTENCE OR BASED ON ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PAST OR IN THE FUTURE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PROVISION.
Pre-Arbitration Claim Resolution
For all Disputes, whether pursued in court or arbitration, you must first give the Paleootg Parties an opportunity to resolve the Dispute. You must commence this process by mailing written notification to the Owner of Paleootg at [email protected] That written notification must include (1) your name, (2) your address, (3) a written description of your Claim, and (4) a description of the specific relief you seek. If any of the Paleootg Parties does not resolve the Dispute within 45 days after it receives your written notification, you may pursue your Dispute in arbitration.
If this Provision applies and the Dispute is not resolved as provided above (Pre-Arbitration Claim Resolution) either you or the relevant Paleootg Parties may initiate arbitration proceedings. The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), www.adr.org, or JAMS, www.jamsadr.com, will arbitrate all Disputes, and the arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator. The arbitration shall be commenced as an individual arbitration, and shall in no event be commenced as a class arbitration. All issues shall be for the arbitrator to decide, including the scope of this Provision.
For arbitration before AAA, for Disputes of less than $75,000, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes will apply; for Disputes involving $75,000 or more, the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules will apply. In either instance, the AAA’s Optional Rules For Emergency Measures Of Protection shall apply. The AAA rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. For arbitration before JAMS, the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures and the JAMS Recommended Arbitration Discovery Protocols For Domestic, Commercial Cases will apply. The JAMS rules are available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling 1-800-352-5267. This Provision governs in the event it conflicts with the applicable arbitration rules. Under no circumstances will class action procedures or rules apply to the arbitration.
Because this website and these Terms concern interstate commerce, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the arbitrability of all Disputes. However, the arbitrator will apply applicable substantive law consistent with the FAA and the applicable statute of limitations or condition precedent to suit.
Arbitration Award – The arbitrator may award on an individual basis any relief that would be available pursuant to applicable law, and will not have the power to award relief to, against or for the benefit of any person who is not a party to the proceeding. The arbitrator will make any award in writing but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. Such award will be final and binding on the parties, except for any right of appeal provided by the FAA, and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties for purposes of enforcement.
Location of Arbitration – You or Paleootg Parties may initiate arbitration in either Orlando, Florida or the federal judicial district that includes your billing address. In the event that you select the federal judicial district that includes your billing address, any of the Paleootg Parties may transfer the arbitration to Orlando, Florida in the event that it agrees to pay any additional fees or costs you incur as a result of the transfer, as determined by the arbitrator.
Payment of Arbitration Fees and Costs – The relevant Paleootg Parties will pay all arbitration filing fees and arbitrator’s costs and expenses upon your written request given prior to the commencement of the arbitration. You are responsible for all additional fees and costs that you incur in the arbitration, including, but not limited to, attorneys or expert witnesses. Fees and costs may be awarded as provided pursuant to applicable law. In addition to any rights to recover fees and costs under applicable law, if you provide notice and negotiate in good faith with Paleootg as provided in the section above titled “Pre-Arbitration Claim Resolution” and the arbitrator concludes that you are the prevailing party in the arbitration, you will be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs as determined by the arbitrator.
Class Action Waiver
The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class or representative proceeding or claims (such as a class action, consolidated action or private attorney general action) unless both you and all of the relevant Paleootg Parties specifically agree to do so following initiation of the arbitration.
You understand and agree that by entering into this Agreement you and Paleootg Parties are each waiving the right to a jury trial or a trial before a judge in a public court. In the absence of this Provision, you and Paleootg Parties might otherwise have had a right or opportunity to bring Disputes in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including class actions). Except as otherwise provided below, those rights are waived. Other rights that you would have if you went to court, such as the right to appeal and to certain types of discovery, may be more limited or may also be waived.
If any clause within this Provision (other than the Class Action Waiver clause above) is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Provision, and the remainder of this Provision will be given full force and effect. If the Class Action Waiver clause is found to be illegal or unenforceable, this entire Provision will be unenforceable and the Dispute will be decided by a court.
This Provision shall survive the termination of your account or other relationship with the Paleootg Parties. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if Paleootg makes any change to this Provision (other than a change to the Notice Address), you may reject any such change and require the Paleootg Parties to adhere to the language in this Provision if a Dispute between you and the Paleootg Parties arises.
19. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Company or by any third party.
20. UNITED STATES USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by Company from its offices in the State of Florida. The domain of the website is registered in the United States and the Site is hosted in the United States. The intended audience for this site consists of individuals in the United States only. Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Site should not be construed as Company’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than Florida and the United States.
21. AMENDMENTS. Company reserves the right to amend these Terms. Should Company seek to make such an amendment and we, in our sole discretion, consider the amendment to be material in nature, we shall:
(a) Clearly publish on the home page the fact an amendment is being made. You may contact us to discuss and contact information so you may discuss the proposed changes with us.
Should a court of competent jurisdiction rule this Amendment provision invalid, then this Amendment clause shall be terminated as part of this agreement with the agreement between us reverting to the previous set of terms applicable to the website. All amendments to the Terms shall be forward looking.